But my birthday was last Wednesday and I'm using it as an
excuse to take some control back. This is a list of some things I
want to do throughout the next year. Some are fun and exciting, but a
lot of them are to keep me sane and relatively stress free.
1. Catch up on all of my debts. Keep on top of my
monthly bills and start paying back my long-term debts.
2. Be a better friend. Day to day, be more social and
interact with the people immediately in my life. But also make a more
concerted effort to maintain some older long-distance friendships.
3. Take more pictures. It makes me happy and it keeps
the memories alive for years to come, so just do it.
4. Be active! Start playing rugby again. Practice
yoga. Go hiking. Go kayaking. Lift weights. Do any/all of it, just
5. Take care of what I have. Take care of my
belongings. Keep my apartment clean and in order.
6. Travel someplace new. It doesn't have to be
expensive or some place exotic, but I need to explore more cities and
mountains and fields and festivals.
7. Go to (at least) 1 music festival. Firefly this
year was awesome, and music makes me happy, so why not?
8. Be a better locksmith. I love my job. It can be
stressful and it can be annoying, but overall I love it. I want to
train more. I want to learn safes and access control systems and I
want to be able to do more door jobs on my own. And I want to get
certified with ALOA.
9. Read more! I always say this, but I always mean
it. I could be reading ten books a week and still probably put this
on my list.
10. Write more. Whether it's just for me or if it's
for other people to read, writing has always made me happy.
11. Go outside more. Play in the snow, climb some
mountains, lay in the field, or just walk down the street. Just get
outside and stop hiding out in my apartment.
12. Be a better driver. Mostly, don't let road rage
to get the better of me! I drive 100+ miles a day, it'll be healthier
for everyone to just stay calm.
13. Visit New York City at least twice.
14. Take care of my body. I've been putting off the
dentist for quite some months now..
15. Be more organized. Keep making lists! Keep shit
clean. Get rid of what you don't need.
16. Get dressed up more. Even if I'm not going
anywhere, getting dressed is fun and can keep you in a better mood.
And motivate you to stay healthy and fit!
17. Don't back down from what you believe in. Don't
let other people take advantage of you.
18. Go on spontaneous adventures. They keep life
exciting and make for great stories.
19. Get another tattoo.
20. Try more exciting drinks. I go to the bar a
lot anyway, so why not have some fun with it?
At work I have to essentially wear a uniform and always be ready to do some manual labor.
Then I spend at least 3 hours a day in my car, commuting which is also normally in my uniform, or some cut-offs.
And then after getting home after 13+ hours, I have to be ready to wake up again at 3:30am and do it all again.
My point here is that lately I rarely ever go out anymore, and therefore rarely have any time to put real thought into any of my outfits. So this small collection of photos is about all I've got to show for the past few months.